Ratings System

My ratings system is based on a 5 point system. 5 being the best and 1 being the worst. The rating system is called Fishy Wishys.
An example of a review would be 5 Fishy Wishys for an excellent product.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Twin Buttes Lake

This is the lake I fished at today. I had one good bite, but I didn't get him. Oh well better luck next time huh.

It was actually kind of a funny experience. I'd spent most of the day looking for a place to fish that there wasn't already a ton of people. I drove to my usual spot and it was packed, so I started to make my way out of town. I didn't realize that most of the Laramie River outside of town is on private land without a whole lot of access for your average fisherman. I then went to another spot and that was full too. I finally decided to get way out of town, but that didn't work either.

I tried to find Lake Owen. I must drove right by it. By this time I was done. I started to drive back home when I seen a sign for the Laramie Plains Lakes. That's when I found this little gem.

3rd cast I got a bite. About half way through bringing him in I realized that I didn't want my trip to be over yet. It was at this point that I started to slow my retrieval down. Then I lost my fish. I didn't get another bite the whole time. I could kick myself for losing him. I guess it's not always about the destination, it's about the journey. I had a blast finding this lakes either way.

Twin Buttes Lake, A few miles outside of Laramie, WY

No comments:

Post a Comment