Ratings System

My ratings system is based on a 5 point system. 5 being the best and 1 being the worst. The rating system is called Fishy Wishys.
An example of a review would be 5 Fishy Wishys for an excellent product.

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Who Loves Brooky's?

I know I do.

My grandpa and myself spent all day Saturday fishing in our favorite spot. We fished, we ate, and we had a blast!

We got out to our spot about mid morning and commenced to fishing. We'd planned to fly fish but decided to go ahead and use the worms we brought (just in case) instead. I tried a few holes before I found a choice little beaver dam. Once I got a bite I knew I'd just stay there and slay em as long as a could.

I only moved about 10 feet in either direction once I found this spot. By about 11am I'd caught my limit. 16 Brook Trout in a little over 2 hours. Once I got the 16th fish I went looking for my grandpa to see how he'd done. I found him and he was a little disappointed. Saying he'd only caught a few. He then asked me how I'd done. That's when I showed him my conquest.

I'd out fished him for the first time since I was a kid. He was pretty proud. We took some pictures of the fish and then we proceeded to cook our catch. We included some potatoes and onions and a jalapeƱo. (For those of you who've never ate their catch at the same spot they caught them. I highly recommend this experience. It makes you feel real great when your lunch depends on your own skills.) Needless to say this was an amazing lunch.

After lunch I handed over my spot to my grandpa and I proceeded to catch a few more on flies. I used the flies the old man had made for me. It took me a while to get the hang of fly fishing after a long winter, but I soon figured it out. I caught a couple more and went to check on the old man. He'd also had better luck.













By then It was 4pm and we were both getting tired. So we cleaned em and headed home. It was a great day. I'm now ready to get some big ones on my tube! Just need the weather to get a little warmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment